In our home, I often find that I am cooking for only myself with my husband, Kevin, often working late being in the restaurant industry. This can either be a good thing or a bad thing. A lot of times I will default to things like chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese, taquitos, or something that I can make in a single-serving helping. Other times, I will choose to make something that will provide me with leftovers so that I have lunch during the week (or even another night’s dinner). These turkey burgers are one of those meals – my husband is not a fan of turkey burgers so they’re great when I’m eating dinner by myself! They are ridiculously quick and easy to make, only requiring 6 ingredients, and I can get four meals from one batch. Even better for our gluten-free friends at the blog, these turkey burgers don’t use any bread crumbs so they’re gluten free! Oh, and they’re delicious! To make the turkey burgers, I use a Cuisinart Griddler, but you can also cook them on the stove using a grill pan (or regular saute pan if you don’t have one).
Gluten Free Feta Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey (I prefer 93% lean)
- 3.5oz Feta (I use traditional feta, but feel free to experiment with a seasoned one!)
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Mixed Greens
- If using the Griddler, use the grill plates and pre-heat to medium-high on the grill setting (you’ll know it’s to temperature when the light turns green).
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Divide mixture into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Once Griddler is hot, place all four patties on Griddler. Before closing the lid, be sure the release the top so that it sits flat on top of your burgers. Cook for 5-6 minutes (be careful not to overcook so they do not dry out). **If cooking on the stovetop, you will need to cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. The reason it is a lesser cook time with the Griddler is because it cooks both sides simultaneously.** Your turkey burgers are ready once they read 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from Griddler and enjoy! Dress up your burgers with whatever garnishes make you happy!